Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What it's like to work for the government...

Imagine going to work on the first day of your contract extension and find that you can no longer log onto the network. It's FANTABOULOUS. JUST IMAGINE how happy I was after I got over how ridiculous the situation was. I really did miss my music and my internet, believe me. I sat around today doing almost nothing. Ok, so I read some office material, holepunched some stuff, had a coffee break, went for lunch, cut some paper for a presentation that's happening next week... it was a nice relaxing day... heheehe :)

This is what it's like to work for the government. If the paperwork's not done, nobody gets access. I guess it's fair, but ... it's going to take 2-5 working DAYS to get me back up on the network. I.M.A.G.I.N.E. But I'm going to enjoy my *free* (but paid) working time right now... cuz once I get access back, allll hell is going to break loose!

In other news: My sister went back to MAC for uni, and it's sad... this morning I woke up and didn't see her right leg dangling off the ledge of her bed and it was sad :( I even missed her grumpy morning face :P

Anyways... summer is OVER, eh??? I can't believe this. I wish it wasn't now... since everyone's gone back to studying I have to focus myself :P I miss everyone already, but I hope you're all having some fun getting ready for back to school :) Don't worry, Jules/Pokes will always visit. I'm sure you knew this even before you left Toronto. I hope when I do visit you won't get sick of me :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home