Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Sunday, August 13, 2006

CULTURE...

I was dropped like a hot potatoe... hahaha... my life is always so dramatic, always so unpredictable. These past couple of months have been crazy. The past couple of weeks was fun, and it ended abruptly b/c of one word: CULTURE.

To each their own... but I never thought I'd experience something like this so blatantly. I believe that like/love/friendship or any type of human interaction does not have anything to do with culture or religion. Like/love/friendship should have no bounds... it should transcend across all cultures and ways of life. Things that shouldn't matter in this world do. Sucks when you weren't the one that initiated anything and end up being the one that's hurt. Even when people say they don't know what they're doing, they're hurting someone else. This game is so complicated..... sooo sooo complicated. I don't want to be IN it at all.

This last experience, I taught someone a lesson. To think with their brains... to look at the meanings behind actions. I thought most people thought things thru, but apparently not. I hate being the one teaching the lesson... b/c that just means that you're the one that's hurting more than the other party.

What I realized this weekend (went to the Tastes of Danforth and also the Beer Festival); I realized that my friends are all dating now. It's sad to be the one that dated all thru uni and then after uni, have nobody to be with... while my friends are on a different schedule. Everyone seems to have someone but me... this sudden realization is so bitter. I am happy for my friends,... but I guess I chose this life. To be bold, independent and alone.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Keep strong Julia!!! This is the time of your life to really discover who you are and what you want in life. Being single, you can find out whether the path you want to take is really the one you want and not the one you think you do because you're taking someone else into consideration!!

    Lots of Luv and missing you in the 'Loo,

    Cindy

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger SAM said...

    :) -hugs you knwwwww i think you're so much better than a "hot potato". hmm, anyway..YOU BETTER SEND THE CV OVER. love much.

     
  • At 10:20 PM , Blogger jessica said...

    where have u beeeeeen??
    hope all is well soon

    hope to see u soon hun

    jess

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Princess Jules said...

    aw I love you guys:

    Cindy I miss you tooooooo!!!

    Sam & Mo, my love to you too - but Momo what u said is not trueeee! Everyone deserves happiness! (no one more than the other, that would make you g*d; and we've been thru this, u're not that) :P

    Hey Jess, long time no talk!!! Hope all is well on ur end too :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home