Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Sunday, July 23, 2006

This weekend was the best weekend EVER. I had a lot of quality time with my friends and it made me realize how loved and cared for I am, within my circle of friends. Thursday night WAlid and I hung out and chatted and stuff... I was drunk on beer and I had the hardest time trying to sleep cuz my stomach hurt so much! I woke up for work the next day on 4 hours of sleep and was totally coherent (amazing, eh?!) I had a deadline to meet so I ran around for the 2nd half of the day. Nothing bad though :) I finished at 4 and went home to get ready for dinner with Morris! Walid came last minute too and we headed to the College Street Bar. It was a small place, but b/c we RSVP'ed we got one of the 2 tables in the "patio", which was right off the sidewalk on College! The dinner was AMAZING. I had risitto with calamari, mussles and shrimp. It was delicious!!!!!!! Walid had the same thing as I did, and Morris had a Chicken Breast Supreme! We had beer and had dessert after... it was amazing! We walked all along College to find a place to chill afterwards and ended up on another patio with Michelle, Lee and Lee's friends. I had more beer and afterwards and had a NEED for a street dog so I didn't pass out. I also had my car at Morris' so it wasn't the ideal situation. We all went in search of street meat and Walid had to hold me up while I swayeddddd... hahahaA! I was holding onto my hot dog and the next thing I know, my mustard dripped right ONTO my toe... it was the funniest thing ever and I had to be removed so I could eat on the side of the street away from everyone so I could actually have my street dog. Everyone else was too busy laughing their asses off! I passed out on the ride back and Walid had to drive my car back to my place and Morris had to come and pick Walid up afterwards to take him home. (Thanks sooooo much guys, MUAH!)

Saturday I woke up mighty early again and went to Pickering Town Centre with my fam. It wasn't what it used to be, but I still got some shirts for work so I'm okay :) We went home and I tried to go to the gym but it was closed at 6,... so I went home and cycled. Saturday night though, was GIRL'S NIGHT ! Danielle got dropped off at my place and then Gill came to get us and dropped us off at Michelle's. We pre-drank and then walked to the bus stop. We had perfect timing and got to LEVEL by 11ish. It was Lady's night, so it was even better! There were these guys at a table and they had SO MANY shot glasses it was ridiculous! They offered us their drinks (there was a birthday boy) and Gill, Danielle and MIchelle were all talking to him cuz they wanted drinks from him. I was just standing aside wondering, wtf... omg this is soooo sketchy! So I didn't really bother talking. Then this other guy in the group comes and he's like... it's okay, I'll talk to you. So we started talking and it was pretty alright. I left to get drinks and soon enough, us girls were ON THE DANCE FLOOR :D It was the CRAZIEST thing... we were being mauled I think. Every other second we had to save one of us so nobody had to dance with gross guys. The guys that bought us drinks ended up dancing with us for a bit and it was fun... hhahaa! I talked more to the guy that was conversing with me before..... he bought me a drink and stuff, and it was fun dancing with him. Us girls all cabbed home afterwards safe and sound :) but Wow... we should do this more often hahaha!

I couldn't sleep though, so I stayed up and chatted on msn. I learned a very invaluable lesson. People that u were with don't stay the same way after you go separate ways. It's hard to think of it that way and keep on being friends when there was no base for a friendship to continue forward afterwards. That person that you were with no longer exists. Period. It's funny how many ways it can still hurt after you say goodbye.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home