Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Monday, July 17, 2006

I miss the peace.

In the past couple of days, I've been scared shitless for some of my friends. Some of them whom I hold very dear to my heart. I realized many things during this time... and I hope that many of you will realize this sooner or later.

We are all human beings. It's that simple. We all want to live, to survive, to thrive... Life is invaluable... there is no dollar sign that can tell you how much you are worth. Whether you hurt them or they hurt you, it's still a human life that is being hurt, or worst yet, being extinguished. It's still an invaluable life force that is being lost for whatever cause- either worthy or not. We NEED to learn and CARE and ACCEPT others and their beliefs and values because we are
all citizens of the WORLD.
We breathe the same air, we have the same basic needs... let's start with ourselves and do something to save the brothers and sisters that we are condeming to doom and destruction because we do not share their beliefs and values. Think of your enemies as you do of your friends. They are HUMANS.

The world is full of wrongs. There's a cause and a consequence. Most of the time, sparks are caused by things that we know of... but most of the other times, they are not transparent to us and we endlessly search for answers that we would never unveil. I know this sounds stupid... but I don't want to know who is the one that committed the wrong. I am not the one to decide. When we all die and see our respective gods, they will be the ones to judge. But I will say that yes, it is easy to pick a side to stand upon, but I would rather find a solution rather than find the faults. I miss the peace. Did you realize that the world, ever since World War II, has only had 26 consecutive days of peace? What does this SAY TO YOU?

Live your life with no regrets. I've seen many of my parent's friends in the last while and I can truthfully say that there are huge differences between the aging of different ethnic groups. I've seen the positives of aging in one group and the negatives in the other. I want to tell you all, that living in Canada, I was lucky enough to see both sides and decide which way to age. I truly believe that aging gracefully IS a path that everyone should at least try to tread. Aging doesn't mean that you have to get all saggy, get all ugly and sit in your rocking chair. But what aging means, is acting your age when it's your time. Why get face lifts and liposuction when you're 65? Everyone is entitled to looking good- but how about looking after your MENTAL well-being instead of the PHYSICAL faux well-being? If having something done physically makes you feel better, does that not represent how shallow you are as an individual? My second point under this life lesson: live with no worries. Being bitter and worrying about everything that your kids have done/should do and comparing them with someone else's kids is not going to do you any good. You have a responsibility to bring them up right, but it's also their responsibility to teach themselves certain things. Some people you can't help. Others you can. Be thankful that you're making impact on someone. It doesn't have to be your kid (obviously it would be nice) but maybe someone else will help your kid along their path. My friend's parents are all aging. It's sad to see them disintegrate into unhappy individuals that make the younger generation feel like their traditions and beliefs are not valid b/c of the way they convey themselves in front of them. Even if life sucks, tread on happily. If you're not happy now, who says you will be later? Third of all: Be happy with what you HAVE. Who the hell cares about what you didn't have? Will they talk about that at your funeral? Why are people always so unhappy and point out the things that they wish they had/things they could have had? Learn to be content. Otherwise, sit tight and watch the world cave in around you. Fourth of all: not every situation or incident has to become a life lesson. Not everything that happens in your daily life has to be picked at and analyzed to the point where you find a lesson to lecture others upon. It's weird how I'm writing this and I'm the one putting my 2 cents out... but think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home