Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Monday, May 08, 2006

Blast @ Beach Blast :P and a very boring 1st day!

I had an awesome weekend! I wish I had pics to show, but wow I prolly wasn't able to hold up a camera in my state(s) anyway. Well u all know about Philthy's; then Sunday some of us went to play beach volleyball at Beach Blakst. First off, Matt was REALLY LATE (surprise, surprise) and Ryan and I waited and waited at Ryan's place. Then Matt told me to drive in the wrong direction (despite what it said on the instructions from Lauren) and then Ryan stopped paying attention to the road and we ended up driving past the intersection where we were supposed to turn. It was an ADVENTURE, let me tell you., There was a lot of yelling involved (from everyone in my van) and a lot of talk about Ryan needing to change in the car while Matt offered to punch him for me so he'd b quiet. Then there was Matt hollering: "Ryan get out of the front seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Cuz Ryan wasn't paying attention to where we were going and we were missing the street); and Ryan: "No, I'm fine, I'm fine up here!" It was CRAZY. I don't know how I survived that. Volleyball however, was soooo awesome and I had such a great time! I got really really tired after an hour, but it was so great! I am still sore from it today, but it's all good! Afterwards the boys and I went to get some chinese food @ Congee Wong.

Today was the first day of work! It wasn't all that fun. HR personnel allotted 3 hours for the signing of papers and such. Wow, eh? I was surprised myself. Anyways, there were 8 students including myself, so I'm sure we'll have a good time going out for lunch and bugging each other when we have no work to do (which I'm convinced will b the case for most of the summer). The girl that was assigned to the IT help desk was told by her supervisor that she'd have 5 calls (on a good day) and respond to a couple emails a day [things like: there's no toilet paper in the men's washroom on the 17th floor] & dispatch cleaning staff. That's HER JOB. For the WHOLE SUMMER. WHAT IS THAT??? WOW. That's all I could say to that! And here I am, wanting to be busy @ work. *sigh*

I'm going to buy a book to read at work. O..... and get this: Casual dress code pretty much means: wear whatever you want. So I guess I don't have to buy new work clothes now either????! o-o

2 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM , Blogger SAM said...

    ohhh..i wish you have the most fun ever at work. i hope we have a rocking summer babe.

    i miss you!!

    <3

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Blogger Princess Jules said...

    SAm hunny, I need you to write me an email and tell me about ur life. I don't know what's going on w/ either u or Momo! It feels like he fell off the face of the earth since I last saw him in Toronto :( I miss you guys...

    And the other day I called ur SF cell, but then it was the wrong # and some guy picked up. I thought I was updated :( Write me ur phone # PLEASE and my email addy @ work if u feel like emailing me when I'm there from 8am-4pm Mon-Fri is jkan@fsco.gov.on.ca... love ya babe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home