Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

I'm finally done my undergraduate degree. I'm done. Officially. I want to celebrate... but the only person I want to celebrate w/ is the one who is trying to forget me. Funny how things work. Sometimes u want to hold onto the past, those last memories that u had together w/ that special someone but u realize that it's all in vain cuz that's not the way ur life is playing out. That's not the path u chose. I don't know (but I do) if these tears I shed are b/c I'm sad to leave all my memories of my happiest years behind or if I'm actually sad because I'm no longer a student. I know one thing is for sure. When I leave this place I'm moving on w/ no regrets. I want to leave knowing that I've done everything that I could and that all the arrows in my past point to this path that I'm treading. I don't want to look back. Sometimes... some things should just b left the way they were. Sometimes, some things u cannot bring w/ u. I've learned many things in three years, and everytime I remember where certain habits originated and where life lessons were learned, I will remember u.

But I'm saying goodbye... One goodbye for every year... and a million goodbyes to my million memories.

Life lesson: Learn to be on ur own & learn to love what u chose.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home