Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Back in the Loo!

My room looks pretty empty! I never knew there was so much stuff rammed in it till I started shipping stuff home w/ the 'rents every other weekend since Jan! I have bare necessities for my last 14 days at Laurier as an undergrad. I'm semi-excited. Also semi-unsure of what I'm doing, but hey, at least I'm moving home. I know I want to be there, and tho the fam can get really annoying, they're fam... that's what they're supposed to b.

I was home this weekend, and it was pretty ok! I got uptown around 11am Fri and my 'rents came to pick me up. We went to have tea @ a Chinese Restaurant over at Times Square, and it where we had $2 dim sum! Everything was OK... except the shrimp balls. The flour that wrapped around them tasted really really really bad. We went home after, and I unpacked a lot of the stuff I sent home earlier. My room was a gigantic mess, but meh. After my home cooked dinner, I went over to Lauren's w/ Jess & Eric. Lauren has a gorgeous new 2-door Honda Civic... she was so pretty! We hung out and just "watched" some tv and chatted. No egg painting- Julia forgot to get the paint :( Sat my 'rents and I woke up pretty early and went to the Orchid show! Cars were lined up on the road, and it was sooo busy, but at least there was no line to GET into the door. The flowers were gorgeous, and I saw these gigantic-normous orchids! They weren't "flowers", per say... they were like bushes/mini trees that had flowers! They must've been at least 20 years old... unless they were given steroids! :S I totally regretted not bringing a camera like all the other years, but I didn't expect it to look this much better this year! They also had a room of orchid sales, and my mom got the greatest deal ever! We got a gigantic orchid that was in FULL BLOOM! It was cheaper than u'd ever expect it to be... and once we bought it, this lady came over and said to the seller in this shrill chinese voice: "you sold it???! U know I was turning around to buy it from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (I later watched chinese tv and saw her talking on the television w/ a much lesser plant) We also bought this other one that's really cute looking- it's supposed to bloom in May! We walked out w/ our gigantic plant (everyone looked at our plant w/ google eyes) and we went to Scarborough Town Centre. I bought some nice clothes, got some sunglasses and then we got a pair of Orange-eared finches! They're adorable :) They're jittery shy birds, but they're starting to sing now after a nite at our place.

This morning we went to T&T, got some food and went to visit my sister. After that we came to Loo and I packed my van w/ my stuff. Went to see my brother and then my 'rents left for home :) All-and-all, a good weekend :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home