Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hey friends!!! Sorry, haven't felt like blogging for a while- afterall, there is nothing really going on in my life :)

Work is okay... well, not really. I had a huge meeting today with the Senior Management in attendance. The team I'm working with have been working on putting together material for this meeting for the past 3 weeks. I joined in and it was really good. Things got done in time, ideas were good... and I had to cut these HUGE pieces of packing paper and tape plastic sleeves (see-through file folders onto them)- 19 of them on each piece of packing paper- and I had to make over 16 of them. Needless to say, that took a lot of time. I also had to go according to the slide presentation and put project names and initiative information on them so the members in the meeting could have a visual for their meeting. We were supposed to move the pieces of paper from one pocket to another as the meeting went on (to determine if they were high, medium or low in importance)... I got to work at 7AM and went to set all this up in the room (we had to tape these huge pieces of paper onto the wall) and everything was good- the caterers came in on time with the food, etc... and then they started the meeting, and guess what?! They didn't like the idea of moving the projects from one wall to another to determine high/medium/low, and therefore, no attention was paid to the visuals... and that's 3 weeks of WORK. good times, good times. I had been joking w/ all my FSCO colleagues that I was the monkey coordinator... turns out it is a circus and everything I'd done in the past 3 weeks did not even make an impact. Such a waste of time... whatever... thus is life.

Well, nothing else is new... hahaha, I think I am still numb ... I'm not even angry. Wait till that happens :P

Anyways, this weekend: Friday night probably downtown to see my old colleague from FSCO (she's gone back to school like the rest of them) and hmm... Sat is Kailey and Devin's wedding so I'm off to Ajax! Sigh, so not ready for listening to "I do's" and "I love you's" I still don't have a present, card or a dress. ha. good one, Jules! lOl... thus is life as an adult... :O)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for a blog!
    Sorry about the meeting shit, what a piss off, but at least u get paid for it. Did u mind doing it? You will have fun at the wedding, it is important to share and feed off of people's happiness and not sorrow, so that their happiness will help you with your own (if that makes sense)

    Miss ya and ill see you soon(ish)
    Jess

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home