Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

First things first:
WELCOME HOME, MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've MISSED YOU and I'm SO GLAD you are home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all:
My ladies in Europe, thank you for the emails, I will try and get back to you ASAP! Trust me, you're #1 on my Email back list.

Third of ALL:
Sam & Momo!!!!! I MISS YOU... thank you soooo much for the email, Sammy... I wish I was there in Lebanon too, but I'm stuck with my crappy contract; working a crappy summer job :(

So what is new in my life? Nottt much. I live a pretty standard, boring, undergrad graduate life. The summer job could not be more dreadful. Today I had nothing to do, and then because I challenged myself and wanted to find things to do, I went and asked my manager if I could help with something. I got stuck with EXCEL sheets again. WhoEVER knew what "vlookup" and "hlookup" was??? Well guess who took a crash course? Thank goodness though, a Laurier grad that recently joined the organization was really helpful and walked me through some of the most messed up spreadsheets I've ever seen and helped me set something up before I left for the day. Gonna go back and face the monster tomorrow though, so I'll have to let you know what happens.

In other news, I've had more free food/will have more free food in this week than I've ever had in my life~! Yesterday it was some girl's bridal shower (so we had cake); today was someone's birthday (so we had more cake) and tomorrow we're having a BBQ (compliments of the building administration); Friday there's more free cake (someone is leaving) and it is also the organization's 8th year celebration so we get free food and drinks... from 11:30-2:30 (and we get paid despite the fact that we will not be working!!!). Is this awesome or what? WELL NOT REALLY. I have come to the conclusion that I have an office ass. Butttt... hahaha let's not let that bother me. I'll just... yeah, work it off all later. psh. lol. Summer is the devil. Ice cream and sweets all look MORE tempting than usual.

Anyways, I'm out.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger Meesh said...

    THANK YOU JULES!!!! It was so amazing to hear from you today, you have no idea how great it makes me feel to come home to friends like you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home