Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Friday, May 26, 2006

O Dell...

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
To the Customer CARE Department of either US or Canada:

I have two Case numbers, one is : 134366271, the other 134363347. I was given both today after ONE HOUR of being bounced between Dell service representatives from the US and Canada. I required ONE part for my Inspiron 6000- a new keyboard because they letters on one side of the keyboard were constantly typing themselves, and I could not even get into Windows because it is password protected.

I repeated personal information regarding my address, email address, phone number, name and also my service tag anywhere from 7 to 9 times. Each time I was transferred to another department because the previous one did not refer me to the right one in the right country, or vice versa. I was given 5 different numbers to try- each time it was different.

I believe this is not what an existing customer should go through in order to get a replacement for their dysfunct piece of machinery. I do not believe that I was treated with the respect that I should have been treated with as an existing and loyal customer.

THIS incident has in fact made it VERY Hard for someone such as myself to STAY LOYAL TO DELL. These phone calls I made after a long day of work,totalled 1 hour of wasted time. Please explain to me why I should continue advocating the use of your machines when you do not provide adequate and standard SERVICE to your customers?


Response:
Thank you for Choosing Dell.

I understand you are facing issue with the keyboard. We apologize for the inconvenience.
I would love to assist you however in Customer care we are not technically qualified. I suggest you to contact our specialized technical support, which has a specialized team of dedicated agents who are very well trained to handle this issue.

You may reach specialized technical support by calling 1-800-624-9896.
You can also contact Technical Support via e-mail at support@dell.com.
Or you can also contact them through chat by using the link given below:
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/chat?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Have a Wonderful Day
Thank you for Choosing Dell

IN RESPONSE to THAT:
Dear Customer Sales REpresentative,

You did not comprehend what my main point was in my previous email (the email is below). I was complaining about the SERVICE. The fact that I was transferred 7-9 times and the fact that I wasted 60 minutes just to get to the right parts department for the right country was the issue here. Yes, the keyboard is malfunctioning. If you would like to know, I did contact your technicians. They gave me the wrong number for the wrong country to call for the PART that I needed. I suggest you pay attention to what your customers are really concerned about, and are frustrated about.

Thank you, you have just lost a paying customer.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home