Chasing dreams, not diamond rings

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mode: Ragey

Came home so early after work today. I needed to make a couple phone calls so I started off with Dell. My laptop keyboard has been out of commission for quite a bit now and whenever I called the parts department was closed. This time it was open (surprise surprise!) .

Unfortunately for me, however, I was given the number for US customers. I was transferred and once again was asked the usual, Your name, Your address, Postal Code, Email address and phone number. I was then told that this was not the department that I should be talking to, and was given another number to call. I called, repeated all the above information for the 3rd time, and then was told that this line was only for US customers. By now I was pretty mad but I was good, I contained myself. When I was transferred again I had to repeat the information and then she told me that this was ALSO not the department that I should be talking to ... and I LOST IT. I was so angry I was shaking (by now I'd been transferred and asked the same questions and put on hold for about 40 mins). I SCREAMED at the poor girl on the phone for a good 5 mins and told her that I'd been on the phone for 40 mins, and that all I needed was ONE part. But somehow, I kept on being transferred from US to Canadian serving operators and was being bounced between them when all I wanted was ONE PART and the RIGHT country. I said very clearly then, "You are making it VERY hard for me, an EXISTING customer to STAY LOYAL to YOUR COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The poor girl apologized (as did I, but I was still angry cuz they were all collectively losers and was wasting MY TIME). She then bounced me onto someone else, who bounced me onto someone else......... someone else.... same information being asked and then transferred until I got to the parts department. However, I still have not ordered the keyboard, cuz you know what, Michael Dell is charging me $174 for the keyboard. I seriously contemplate calling the place/emailing them back and saying, "you know what, my CASE was NOT solved, your service sucks and you can TELL Michael Dell FOR ME!" AS for the keyboard, I can get it off E-bay, you money sucking bastard! Total time wasted: 1 HOUR. Of my TIME after work when it was so gorgeous out. Then I called my ex-landlord in my rage and asked for my interest.

All-in-all, a very ragey day. Thought I'd share it with you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home